- Controller / Us – AIC S.A. with its registered seat in Gdynia (81-577) at 41 Rdestowa Street, which is the controller of personal data processed through this Website.
- Website/Site/Service – website available at www.myaic.com
- User – any person using the Website
- Personal data – all information about an identified or identifiable natural person through one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of the person, including the IP number of the device, location data, online identifier and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies.
- GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Purposes and legal basis for processing
- Contact Form: We process personal data of Users who access the contact form provided on the Website in order to identify the sender, enable contact and handle your enquiry/request submitted using the contact form. The legal basis for personal data processing depends on the content of the message submitted via the contact form. Most commonly, such legal basis will be our legitimate interest (Article 6 section 1 letter F) of the GDPR) in continuing communication and providing you with an answer to a question regarding our business or in establishing a business relationship with you or a contractor with whom you have a relationship. We have assessed the above interest as overriding your data protection right due to the limited nature of the data, the voluntary nature of your submission and the fact that the processing is carried out at your request and in your interest. It may so occur that we need to store some messages for possible investigation or defence against claims, in which case the processing will be based on our legitimate interest (Article 6 section 1 letter F) of the GDPR), which we have assessed as overriding your rights and interests in view of the very limited catalogue of data processed and the importance of our interest. Should you wish to receive more information about the balance test, please contact us using the contact details provided above.
We might also be required to process your personal data in order to comply with statutory obligations imposed on us in connection with conducting our business activities (Article 6 section 1 letter C) of the GDPR), including for the purposes of anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
Objection: Subject to applicable law, you may object at any time to the processing of personal data that we process based on our legitimate interest on the grounds of your particular situation using the contact details provided above.
- Newsletter: If the User subscribes to our Newsletter – the User's personal data will be processed for the purpose of sending the Newsletter containing information promoting the products and services of the AIC Group and industry news and information. Data will be processed on the basis of the User's consent expressed by providing his/her email address to receive our Newsletter. Such consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting us at the contact details provided above. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing, which was performed on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
The Users' personal data may be transferred to entities which provide services to us, e.g. entities which organise the Newsletter mailing service. In addition, your personal data may be transferred to companies form the AIC Group, in particular to AIC S.A. with its registered seat in Gdynia and AIC Europe B.V. based in Weert, the Netherlands, primarily in order to provide the best possible service to your enquiry via the contact form.
We store your data for the period necessary to process the enquiry/request sent via the contact form and possibly to continue with correspondence. When subscribing to the Newsletter – data will generally be processed until you withdraw your consent to the sending of Newsletters. In addition, data may be stored for a period resulting from legal regulations. This period may be extended, if applicable, by the period of limitation of claims.
Information on the voluntariness / necessity of providing data and the consequences of not providing such data
When using the contact form – providing personal data is necessary in order to render the service of making available and using the contact form. Failure to provide such personal data results in the inability to use the contact form service.
With regard to using the Newsletter – providing an e-mail address is voluntary, but necessary in order to receive the Newsletter.
Confidentiality and data security
Cookies and other technologies
- Almost every website uses cookie technology. Cookies are small files in which your internet settings are stored. They are downloaded via your browser, the first time you visit a website. Upon your next visit from the same device, the browser can check if the corresponding cookie (i.e. a file containing the name of the website) is stored on your device and send the data contained therein back to the website. This allows the site to recognise that you have visited it in the past and in some cases allows it to tailor the content displayed. More information about cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- If you consent by clicking "yes" on the cookie banner or by adjusting your cookie preferences using the sliders found when you click the "Manage Cookies" button, we may use the following types of cookies:
a) Google Analytics – these cookies are used to collect information regarding how visitors use our website and how it works. For example, these cookies track which pages are most visited and the locations from which our visitors come. We use this information to create reports, improve our site and optimise AIC Group's strategic activities in the virtual space, including advertising content. These cookies primarily collect information about the number of visitors on the site, where visitors have navigated to the site from and information about pages they have previously visited. Access to the information obtained through the use of Google Analytics is provided to Google llc, based in the USA, the provider of the tool in question, as well as to the AIC Group companies involved in the implementation of the purposes described above. According to the declaration of Google llc, based in the USA – cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. Reports of users' activities on different devices only contain aggregate data, not individual user data. By default, login data for Google services expires after 12 months. However, if your data retention setting is set for a shorter period than 12 months, google sign-in data will reflect that shorter period. More information about Google analytics, including the types of information collected, can be found here.
c) Analytical cookies (own) – related to remembering and analysing the words typed into the search box on our website. We use the information we obtain on this basis to improve the content of our site and to shape AIC Group's strategic actions in the virtual space. The information collected is aggregate and does not identify any users. The information obtained through the use of a statistical cookie can be accessed by companies from the AIC Group, which are involved in achieving the objectives set out above. The lifetime of such cookies is up to 300 days.
Most browsers offer the option of accepting or rejecting all cookies, accepting only certain types, or notifying the user each time a website attempts to save them. You can also easily delete cookies that have already been stored on your device by the browser.
The process of controlling and deleting cookies varies depending on the browser you use. For details, please refer to the help function of the browser you are using or visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Opting out or deleting all cookies may affect the convenience of using our website.
To the extent and in the cases provided for by applicable law, you have the right, in addition to the right to object and withdraw consent, to access the contents of your data, to receive a copy of them, to request their rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, as well as to request data transfer with regard to data processed on the basis of consent. To exercise the above-mentioned rights, you can contact us using the contact details provided above. Please then let us know which right you wish to exercise and to what extent. Furthermore, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
Links to other websites / social networks